Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mint

Yesterday I noticed that the huge pot of mint I grew last year (and harvested at the end of the season) was again filling out nicely in the greenhouse. This got me excited about the idea of enjoying Mojitos again. Yes, summer is right around the corner! My friend, Michele, makes the best Mojitos, but then, come to think of it, so does Allie. In any case, I love the traditional recipe that I found on Taste of Cuba htthttp://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.htmlp://. To make a Mojito, all you need is mint, rum, a bit of sugar, lime juice and club soda. Mash the mint with the lime juice and sugar in the bottom of the glass. Add ice, then rum. Finish with the club soda. Enjoy!
Another cool and cooling thing to do with mint is to make infused water. Use about 2 cups of mint to a gallon of water. Refrigerate for at least a day and up to a week. Strain and pour over ice. You can also use this water to make couscous or rice dishes. Very delicious!!!

No comments: