Wednesday, May 21, 2008

American Idol

My friend, Di, has been watching this show since Day One. She has tried to get me involved for a number of years, but I have resisted for the most part. I have to admit that I am a Kelly Clarkson fan, and that my goddaughter and sister took me to her concert at Great Woods a couple of years ago for my birthday, and I loved it. And, in Season 5, I thought Bo Bice sang the last song the best, but I have come to be a huge Carrie Underwood fan since then. Di loved the 2006 winner, but I was a Daughtry supporter. 2007 was almost a non-event, as far as I can tell. The winner was a sweet girl with a nice voice but not, in any way, an 'idol'. Her win may have hurt this year's 17 year old David.
From the first time I saw him, I said that the "little bon-jovi guy" was the best. This is not meant in disrespect to David Cook, but simply to indicate that I recognized his talent even before I heard his story. All I learned in the ensuring weeks, only supported my initial opinion. And the songs he sang and the growth he grew only supported my intuition.
So, I am becoming hooked to this show in the same way as I stopped everything to watch "Star Search", and, in my infancy, The Ted Mack Amateur Hour. Hope to see many of you performing somewhere. If it is live, please let me know so I can be there!

No comments: